Oct 27, 2020
Free and Subsidized Covid-19 testing under SOCSO (PERKESO)
Please note that employers can have their workers screened for Covid-19.
The Covid-19 Prihatin Screening Programme (PSP) had been extended to contributors in areas under the conditional movement control order (CMCO) — Sabah, Labuan, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
Under the PSP, employers have two options: they can either get free Covid-19 tests for their employees or get only a maximum RM150 subsidy per employee for Covid-19 testing.
For the free Covid-19 test, the company can arrange for at work premises screenings or they can arrange to go to an approved panel given by the SOCSO. Please take note of the following:
- The company will have to arrange for the appointment with the approved panel.
- The company must obtain the form to submit to the lab in order to seek for the free Covid-19 tests. - Appointment will be given by the approved penal.
- Payment will be paid fully by SOCSO.
Alternatively, a company can arrange for their employees’ Covid-19 tests in any clinic. Please take note that:
- For this, SOCSO will only pay a subsidy of RM150 per person.
- The balance of the cost is to be borne by employers.
- The company will need to use SOCSO’s portal and attach the receipt.
- Payment to the company will be transfer to company bank account.
Please refer to SOCSO’s Prihatin Screening Programme (PSP) website to obtain more information on this initiative and the directory of panel labs.
#kitajagakita #COVID19 #SOCSO #PERKESO #subsidies #PrihatinMalaysia #eurogainsecta #eurogain #companysecretary